Wednesday, September 30, 2015

I could have stayed all night!  I am usually so nervous for the opening of an exhibition -- it's like being an actor before the curtain rises on opening night -- wishing I were anyplace ELSE.  But for the first time EVER, I was excited for the opening of "REAL: Elizabeth Barlow and Willard Dixon" at Gallerie Citi.  Maybe I have a few enough of these openings under my belt by now?  Or maybe I am just so proud of this new work and wanted to share it with my friends and collectors.  It was truly a pleasure to see familiar faces and be able to show them what I've been working on for the past 8 months.

It was also such a privilege to share the exhibition with Willard Dixon.  He is a noted Bay Area artist, who paints beautifully in every genre -- landscape, figurative and still life.  In this exhibition, he is sharing some of his new trompe l'oeil paintings -- they are astonishingly "real" -- but still retain an other worldly air found in most of his work.

"REAL", at Gallerie Citi, 1115 Howard Avenue, Burlingame, CA, until November 6, 2015.
www.gallerieciti.com





No comments:

Post a Comment