Thursday, June 18, 2015

I've been reading a monograph on the amazing realist artist Alan Magee.   I love his work and how deeply he reveals the essence of an object.   He writes "the beauty of a thing reveals itself with attention."

I have always felt this way about my own painting.  I relish the long hours of deeply looking at the curve of an object, or the many colors in a shadow.  And with all the hours, days, and weeks of looking, I feel that I get a little closer to the "unseen" that is always present in our lives.
                                          "At the Chelsea Flower Show (Begonia)"
                                           Oil on Linen
                                            20 x 20"
                                           By Elizabeth Barlow
                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment