Friday, March 20, 2015

Sometimes dreams do come true -- and one just has for me.  Last year, I was approached by a lovely professional couple in the Bay Area.  They are world travelers and adventurers and also contemporary art collectors.  In addition, they each have a highly cultivated appreciation for exquisitely designed and made shoes.  They asked me to create a "portrait" of them using some of the delectable shoes from their closet.  And here is the "dreams do come true" part -- they gave me carte blanche in terms of composition.  What a gift! I worked on their portrait for many months, and yesterday, along with my art dealer Andra Norris of Gallerie Citi, we presented their portrait to them.  There are two paintings, a diptych, and I titled them "His & Hers."  What a pleasure it was to work with these smart, kind, vibrant, open people -- and it was truly a joy "walking in their shoes" for so many months.  Thank you, dear collectors, for giving this artistic gift to me!

"His"
Oil on Linen
30 x 30"
by Elizabeth Barlow

"Hers"
Oil on Linen
30 x 30"
by Elizabeth Barlow

No comments:

Post a Comment